Monday, February 18, 2008

Nice tits

I am so LOVING my boobs at the moment. They are far and away the best thing about being pregnant. When I came off the pill they sort of drooped a bit. Toby preferred them but I thought they looked a bit depressed. A couple of weeks ago they perked back to their pill status and now they have exceeded it and are filling my bras nicely. My stomach is a bit more settled this week, not quite so bloated, and I think I'm looking pretty hot.

I'd feel a whole lot hotter if I could get enough sleep. And if I didn't have to work in sub-zero air-conditioning. It's always so cold in the office and lately it's got colder. Apparently this is because some mould grow on Level 3 over Christmas and they're trying to freeze it out. I wonder if it's the microscopic fungi equivalent of starving something out. So the rest of us have to suffer like single-cell organisms. (For those of you who know your moulds, yes I realise that most fungal moulds are multicellular but I suspect this to be a water-mould, which is unicellular.) I moved my thermometer off the window sill where it was registering a balmy 23C and it now reads about 20C and still dropping.

Last night I couldn't sleep. I don't know why, but Toby seemed restless too. I came to work and two of my colleagues also reported trouble getting to sleep. One colleague said his wife lay awake for some time too. I think that perhaps aliens are messing with our minds. Perhaps they landed last night and disrupted the normal pattern of radioactivity and we detected this on some kind of a primal level and stayed awake in case we needed to defend our planet.

I have started a food diary and in the back I am writing questions to ask the obstetrician on our first visit. Toby wants to ask why his wife has gone crazy. I don't know what he's talking about. I suggested he consult the chapters for husbands in the pregnancy books.

We told Toby's parents the other day. His dad didn't believe us and his mum claimed to have known for two weeks, which is strange because that is longer than I have known and I want to know why she didn't phone and tell me. Might have saved me 4 days of wondering if I'd got it wrong. They seem to be over the moon. I hope they come back soon; we might need babysitters. His dad rang back about an hour and a half later just to make sure he hadn't dreamed it.

I also told my sister. Well that was a mission and a half. I wanted to tell her before she saw my parents because I knew it would kill them not to say anything. I tried to arrange to skype her but she was putting the baby to bed. I ended up telling her over text message. Of course, she skyped me then, until the baby screamed and she had to go tend to her. Didn't put me off at all.

Saw my gorgeous little niece on Skype the next day as she was at my parents' house. They had discovered that Lucy likes rock and were listening to a digital radio station so I went to the website and listened to the same station online and we all danced around together to Get It On by T. Rex. Lucy seemed to respond to the silly noises Toby and I made through the computer at her. I can't wait to meet her properly.

I have been getting very tired in the middle of the day at weekends - from about 11-12 until about 4 or 5. Around 6pm I seem to perk up again. I have to have naps for about half an hour to an hour. It'll be interesting to see how I get through the working week. Have had a few annoying headaches too.

Right-oh, I'm off to have my high protein lunch of tuna nicoise salad - made at home, of course, because apparently it's bad to buy salads from salad bars and some cafes.

No comments: