Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Glue sniffing

I'm sure sniffing glue is something you are advised not to do whilst pregnant, yet I seem to have found myself doing exactly that. Not only is the air-con at work still bloody freezing but they are now using some hard-core industrial strength glue to stick some white-board or something to the wall in a room on our floor. There is a door between us and them but I think it must have got into the air conditioning. It's making me feel quite sick and I'm incredibly annoyed that I'm having to put up with this. I'm not sure whether I should be concerned or not.

They have the stairwell doors open so the bloke doing the gluing doesn't suffocate from the smell, so the smell is permeating throughout the entire building. I breathed in a good load of it walking back up four flights of stairs from my meeting. I refuse to use the lift after a colleague got stuck in it for half an hour last week and a lady on Level 5 got stuck in it for three hours the other day and the phone wouldn't work. So the choice appears to be:

a) go up in lift; risk staying there with no way of telling anyone that's where you are for 3 hours.

or

b) sniff glue whilst excercising.

Hmm.... tricky one.

I think I'm going to have to go out now... I can't take it any longer.

No comments: