Friday, September 19, 2008

Giant Jeans and Belly Shot

Guess what? My giant jeans fit. Hurrah!!! Yesterday I went to work dressed completely in normal clothes, if you can call my giant jeans normal.

I acquired these jeans about two and a half years ago after purchasing a pair of jeans I loved so much I decided to go and buy another pair. We were in a bit of a hurry but it didn't matter because I knew exactly what I wanted. I rushed into the shop, picked up the right style in the same size and bought them. A few days later, down in Sydney for Anna's 30th birthday, I wore them for the first time. About an hour later I found myself hitching them up and noticed they seemed a bit long. When I got back to Anna's place I discovered that although they were supposedly the same size as the original pair, they were actually about a size larger. For the next two years they drove me mad as I often picked them up and put them on by mistake and then felt uncomfortable in them. Eventually a few months back, reluctant to sell them in case they were useful during pregnancy and post-partum, I angrily threw them in the back of the wardrobe to get them out of the way. When I started to get fat I looked all over for them and couldn't find them anywhere. Then, Toby put our bed sheets away in the laundry cupboard instead of the bedroom cupboard so when I went to get more sheets from the bedroom what did I find instead? Giant jeans!!! And that's the story of how I came to own a pair of giant jeans.

They're still a bit long ('cause I have to wear them under the bump) and nowhere near as comfy as maternity jeans would be, but given that the weather is warming up I think they'll do for now.

When you see my latest bump shot, you mightn't be surprised that I'm still wearing normal clothes. I swear it's getting smaller.


Excuse the PJs - it was bed time. Actually, I tried these on a few days ago and ended up wearing a t-shirt instead of the top because it was a bit tight, yet last night I managed to sleep in it no bother. So there you go, shrinking bump. It's probably because I'm taking control of my sweet cravings. Trying to anyway. Yesterday a colleague bought me coffee and a yummy scrummy brownie to celebrate my 100% result in the Australian Citizenship test.

Had a total disaster at the pool yesterday - my new tankini broke! I've only worn it once and the fabric came away from the plastic fasteners at the back of the bust, thankfully (I think) before I got in the pool so I didn't even get to swim. It's fixable but I figure I should try and take it back first. So back to square one with swimwear. I have to go see if I can find a suitable bikini and rash-top combination (or squeeze into my regular suit; with my shrinking bump it could be possible) so that I can get back in the pool today and make up for having done no exercise for the past two days.

I also have a bag of clothes to go through which Janette very generously brought around last night thinking I might be able to squeeze into some of them but I don't think I'll get that done before work. Anyway, I'd better go. I'm putting our fridge for sale on eBay. I'm quite excited as it's the first time I've ever sold anything on eBay, plus it feels like a big step towards getting things sorted out in the house.

No comments: