Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Another baby

Forgot to mention in my last post that I've just found out about another baby. Another one!!! Can you belieeeeeeeeeve it??! I almost can't. Only this time it's not a pregnancy, it's an actual baby. Somehow I managed to lose touch with a friend for so long she went and got pregnant, gestated an entire baby, gave birth to it and then managed to grow it for 13 days. Obviously that was a bit too long between emails. I'm actually really, really happy about this baby. I don't necessarily see that as a sign that I'm all better and not crazy any more. I think there are a few reasons why I'm happy about this one. Firstly, it's an actual baby, not a pregnancy. Somehow that makes it better. It was all well underway before I found out about mine so she's not copying like everyone else. Secondly, she's a wee bit older than me and her hubby is even older than her (late thirties, early forties) and they're both such lovely people that I can't be anything but happy for them. Thirdly, I've been wondering for some time whether they'd have a baby and I've kind of been waiting for the email saying they were for a couple of years now. When I contacted my friend to see how she was I had a feeling that she might either be expecting or already a mother. It's very exciting.

No comments: