Tuesday, March 8, 2011

BC2 In Production - 26 Weeks

I thought it was about time I did another pregnancy post so I took my first belly shot the other day. It was interesting to note that depending upon the angle of the camera the bump looked different sizes, so here's a selection:

Big belly

Slightly smaller. Better hold on to it or it might disappear.

The magic disappearing belly.

Look, no waist!

And the belly's back.

I haven't blogged much about this pregnancy as it's pretty much the same as the first one and Phoebe provides much more interesting material than my ever expanding belly and constant exhaustion. But here are a few differences:

  • I'm much less fit this time round.
  • It's fun having an excited toddler to share this time with, although I sometimes feel a little sad that my attention is going to be taken away from her somewhat.
  • I have less time for me, less time for exercise and less time to think about doing the right thing (i.e. pelvic floor exercises, not slouching, doing yoga instead of watching telly etc.) but then I did find all that rather exhausting the first time round.
  • My obstetrician provides free fitness sessions. All the other girls, including the instructor, are much younger than me and enjoying the excitement of their first pregnancy. They don't seem that interested in my previous pregnancy, birth or child. I can't share their stories of decorating the nursery or buying our first playmat because I did all that 2 1/2 years ago. I feel old and boring.
  • I'm much more tired this time round. Barely a week goes by when I don't have at least one nana nap during one of my non working days.
  • This is quite a rubbish time of year to be pregnant. First trimester always sucks because of the high levels of hormones and tiredness. Second trimester is usually pretty good. Third trimester is when you start to feel heavy and get a bit tired and perhaps achy. Last time I had the third trimester during summer but it wasn't that hot. This time it took summer a while to get started but I was only a couple of weeks into my second trimester (and just recovering from all the hard work I'd put in before Christmas) when summer kicked in with a vengeance. It's been a long, hot and very, very humid couple of months and now that it's starting to cool down I'm starting to feel heavy and achy. Lovely. I can only hope that maybe I don't feel as heavy and achy as I did the first time around, although that's unlikely as I had a pretty smooth-sailing pregnancy.
  • It's a lot harder choosing names the second time round especially when about a million of our friends have had babies since then and picked names we liked.
That's about that for now. I finally started pregnancy yoga last week (at 26 weeks of pregnancy - better late than never, I suppose). It's not as good as Sherry's classes but I didn't think it would be. However, that's probably a good thing as I haven't done it in so long. It's super relaxing and I floated out of the studio. The only bugger is that I have to be at work by 8am in order to leave on time. And last week I got called out of work to pick Phoebe up as daycare were concerned she had diarrhoea, which added to the stress of leaving work early. Thankfully Toby's parents were able to come over and watch her.

Well, I'm going to finish by sharing some fuzzy 3D images of our new baby's face. The cord was in front so it was a bit hard to get a nice clean image. Go on then, knock yourselves out wondering whether it's a boy or a girl and who it looks like.











Oh, and just because she's so damn cute and insisted on pressing the button on the camera's remote control when I was doing my belly shots, here are some photos of me and Phoebe:





No comments: