Friday, February 4, 2011

Poetry: Today

I stumbled across this poem this morning and thought I'd share it. I wrote this soon after Phoebe started daycare. I don't think it needs any other explanation really.


I pick you up and look into your tired eyes
I kiss your forehead and wonder have you cried
Today

I hear your stories of adventure and fun
And wonder at all of the hearts you've won
Today

I think of the many hours since I last kissed you
And wonder if you know how much I've missed you
Today

I hear of all your latest falls and fears
And how someone else kissed your tears
Away

You are my generous gift to the world
My gorgeous, funny sweet little girl.
How I wish that you were mine alone
And I could keep you safe at home
Today

1 comment:

i heart food connect said...

Oh lins I just put your blog in my reader and came across this while munchie was taking ages to go to sleep and now this poem has made me cry. I used to fantasise about goig back to work when bubs was a colicky high needs cranky infant but now it's a lot more fun and I have forgotten all about work and childcare. Xxx janette