Tuesday, April 9, 2013

IronmAnna

I'm a bit late with this post as I have been making curtains - yes! Really. I know, I'm stoked. Although they're not finished yet. But I had to pause just to say SHE DID IT!!!!
 
Yes! On Sunday 25th March my good friend of 18 years (crap! we're officially old) became an Ironman. And in the process she has managed to raise over $5000 for JDRF, which will be doubled to $10,000 by Macquarie Bank.

I am so proud of her. I knew she could do it but now she actually has done it I'm amazed and humbled. I also feel incredibly lazy, which I don't thank her for. But if I manage to get off my butt and go for a swim tomorrow because of that I will thank her. Might I add that if I manage 1000 metres in the pool tomorrow I'll be pleased. Anna, for whom swimming is a fairly new sport, managed 1500 metres in rough, open water. Conditions were so bad they changed the swim course and significantly reduced the length. Brave, brave girl.

I followed her progress throughout the day on the Ironman website and on Facebook. The friends who were with her posted photos and amazingly, in every single one she is smiling and looks incredible. She's still the same old Sunshine Anna I met at uni all those years ago. Good to see.

Here is a photo of her during the run having already completed the swim and a 180km bike ride (thanks Kirsty Miller). I'm sure you'll agree she looks amazing!


1 comment:

Andrew Lane said...

I remember that name from my York days!

Well done Anna :)