Monday, February 8, 2010

Master of sleep

I have just found this old unfinished post in my iPhone blogger app. One unfortunate thing about the app is that it doesn't seem to record the timestamp on a draft so I don't know when I wrote this. I would guess that it was about a month ago. Nevertheless I enjoyed reading it and I'm encouraged at how far we've come since then. Phoebe generally falls asleep within 5 or 10 minutes these days with minimal crying.

Here's the finished part of the original post:

I don't know if I dare type this in case it is a non-repeating event. Then again, if it doesn't happen again it should be noted that it did happen at least once. And it is rather exciting. So here goes...

Phoebe went to sleep tonight WITHOUT CRYING!!!

During the day she is generally pretty good and often falls asleep easily after babbling in her cot for ten minutes but still always screams for at least 30 seconds on me leaving her room.

At night, to date, she has screamed blue murder when I leave her room and has continued to do so for a minimum of 25 minutes. Let it be known that I do not leave her to cry for the full 25 minutes. Even if I thought it would be a good idea I don't think I could. I go in and comfort her every 5-10 minutes. Most nights I've had to do this at least twice. But tonight I didn't have to go in at all. Amazing.

No comments: