Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Last night's experiment

Babies like to keep you guessing. One day they're doing one thing and the next they do something completely different leaving you scratching your head as to what the changed variable was.

As I mentioned in my last post Phoebe has been waking at 5am. Last week we put a rug up at her window in lieu of some blackout blinds which we'll buy tomorrow and install at the weekend (hopefully). Some nights it worked, most nights it didn't. Hopefully the black out blinds will be more successful but at the very least it helps to darken the room during daytime naps and it'll be much easier than hooking up and unhooking a rug. And I don't think it is doing the rug much good.

Usually after I have fed Phoebe at night I switch off her night light and open her bedroom door for air flow (her window has been shut due to the recent dust storms). Last night I didn't switch the light off and as her window was open I also kept her bedroom door shut. She slept until 6.45am! Woohoo!!

Wonder if it'll work again tonight.

We're also thinking of playing bird noises to her all night so that it isn't quite so apparent when the birds wake up and sing at 5am. I'll let you know how that goes.

And I haven't forgotten about the Milk Blister. I just wanted to tell you this first.

No comments: